Quandl Question

Purchased the Second Edition today and attempting to follow the Installation Instructions. I have discovered that the Quandl website no longer exists but has been replaced by NASDAQ Data Link which, once you register, gives you an API key. However on the next step, ingesting data from Quandl using Zipline blows up (error message below). Is it possible that my issue is relating to Quandl’s acquistion by NASDAQ? Thank you in advance for any help.

(ml4t) C:\Users\rhowa>zipline ingest -b quandl
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\rhowa\miniconda3\envs\ml4t\Scripts\zipline-script.py”, line 6, in
from zipline.main import main
File “C:\Users\rhowa\miniconda3\envs\ml4t\lib\site-packages\zipline_init_.py”, line 21, in
from trading_calendars import get_calendar
File “C:\Users\rhowa\miniconda3\envs\ml4t\lib\site-packages\trading_calendars_init_.py”, line 16, in
from .trading_calendar import TradingCalendar
File “C:\Users\rhowa\miniconda3\envs\ml4t\lib\site-packages\trading_calendars\trading_calendar.py”, line 33, in
from .calendar_helpers import (
File “C:\Users\rhowa\miniconda3\envs\ml4t\lib\site-packages\trading_calendars\calendar_helpers.py”, line 6, in
NP_NAT = np.array([pd.NaT], dtype=np.int64)[0]
TypeError: int() argument must be a string, a bytes-like object or a number, not ‘NaTType’

Welcome to the forum @rah132 and thank you for your interest in the book!

The error you are seeing is due to a conflict of the trading_calendar package with recent pandas versions. The latest base environment file limits the pandas version to <1.3; in case your pandas version is higher please downgrade and you should no longer see this error.

I also updated the data download notebook to account for the move of QUANDL data to the NASDAQ platform.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes