Not able to setup the environment and packages

Hi

I am a beginner and want to setup the environment and download relevant packages. I am facing a lot of issues with that. I installed the latest anaconda which comes with pretty much everything installed. To setup the versions, first of all I tried installing mamba using

conda install -n base -c conda-forge mamba

but it failed. I tried installing the packages from the ml4t.yaml using conda but that was a futile attempt too.

I have good experienve working with python and machine learning but I lack this github , linux, packages control skills.

I would really appreciate any help

Hi,

Assuming you have the latest Anaconda running under Win 10/11, try the following:

1. Close all instances of Anaconda prompts and Jupyter notebook

2. Start an Anaconda base prompt. Create an environment for Zipline (it requires at least Python 3.8), and install the packages with mamba:

conda create -y -n zipline38_environment python=3.8
conda activate zipline38_environment
conda install -y -c conda-forge mamba
mamba install -y -c ml4t -c conda-forge -c ranaroussi pandas==1.2.5 numpy==1.22.4 zipline-reloaded pyfolio-reloaded iso3166==2.0.2 “sqlalchemy<2”
mamba install -y -c conda-forge jupyter

Hope this helps.

Hey Nikolaj. Thank you for your help. There were some issues in downloading mamba. But installed all libraries using the conda and used the requirement.txt file to set everything up. Thanks once again for replying